Did you’re feeling that? Was it an earthquake? An avalanche? No, nVidia simply determined to throw all warning to the wind and create the world’s strongest shopper GPU, and that GPU is stomping!
The brand new RTX 3090 Ti is an absolute monster that smashes all of the metrics and establishes itself as the brand new king of shopper GPUs.
Allow us to check out a few of its stats:
- The brand new RTX 3090 Ti is a cool 10% quicker than every other shopper card in 4K gaming.
- It has 24GB of VRAM. That could be a tonne of VRAM. This card has extra VRAM than most PCs have of regular RAM.
- In 1440p or 1080p gaming, the RTX 3090 Ti is just about 5% quicker than the following step down the GPU ladder. To be truthful although, when you purchase this card for a sub-4K display screen, then you definately made an error.
- When burdened, the RTX 3090 Ti attracts almost 500 Watts. No, you didn’t learn that mistaken, 5 hundred watts. That’s as a lot as a full mid-range PC!
- All that energy consumed means that an enormous quantity of warmth should be dissipated. The heatsink for this card could be very heavy, with fashions of the cardboard weighing ~2kg. That’s ~4.5lbs!
- Not solely is the cardboard heavy, however it’s big. It occupies 4 slots, wew!
- It prices $2200… assuming you could find it in-stock.
Frankly, the cardboard’s energy draw, weight, and measurement are ridiculous. It has at all times been the case that those that need one of the best card will get a sizzling/giant card, however this one is larger and attracts extra energy than something we’ve seen earlier than.
In good conscience, we can not suggest this card for something however the Monstrous tier. If you’re Rich (with the capital W) and you’ve got a 4K gaming display screen… AND you might be keen to pay $2200 or increased for an additional 10% efficiency… nicely, nVidia has you coated.
We might be including the RTX 3090 Ti to the Monstrous tier of our most important chart.
All different GPUs from Distinctive to Extremist will transfer up one spot on the web page (down a tier) to make room for this new monster.