Ever since DJI bought Hasselblad years in the past, the corporate has been extremely quiet. Now not are they always speaking about their historical past with the moon and going to house. However, now it looks as if they’ll be going airborne once more ultimately. At present, Hasselblad is asserting the Hasselblad Mavic Air 2 drone with particular Hasselblad lenses on the entrance. The corporate particularly states that is tracings its historical past from collaborations with firms like Motorolla and that that is a part of the corporate’s future.
This all sounds acquainted if you happen to’ve been within the picture trade for years. Bear in mind again in 2014 once they rebranded the Sony a99 and Sony RX100 Mk II? Effectively, this feels very related. The brand new Hasselblad Mavic Air 2 actually has just about the identical specs because the DJI Mavic Air 2. Nonetheless, it now incorporates a model new and arguably progressive characteristic known as Moon Touchdown. Particularly, it makes use of augmented actuality to overlay a picture of the moon’s floor on the video. And it’s skilled to do some fairly cool issues.
- If the Hasselblad Mavic Air 2 sees our bodies of water, it turns it right into a crater.
- When it seems to be on the sky, it blacks out and stars are overlaid.
- If it seems to be on the moon, the Hasselblad Mavic Air 2 superimposes the Earth over it.
- Bushes and crops are became crevices and dirt
- Roads appear like wheel tracks paying homage to numerous rover drops onto the moon.
- Street indicators are transformed to sayings like “To the Moon” and put up the most recent cryptocurrency costs
And naturally, the brand new Hasselblad Mavic Air 2 has a premium price ticket of $12,500.
Editor’s Word: That is an April Idiot’s Joke. Chill