With hackintoshing it’s doable to put in macOS Catalina and even Mojave on a model new PC that solely prices round $300 – $400 worth vary. Test it out.
I’m utilizing the next compontents:
Intel i3-8100 CPU — I went with an i3-8100 is as a result of its the most cost effective CPU I may get with built-in graphics. The newer i3-9100 may also work with this construct, however I used to be in a position to get the i3-8100 awhile again for much less. I went with a CPU over one thing just like the i3-9100F as a result of the i3-8100/i3-9100 each have built-in graphics and since I patched my drop recordsdata which can be found beneath a graphics card isn’t required. I used to be utilizing a Cryorig M9, however because it was so loud I’ve since switched again to the Intel inventory cooler. If you need extra energy one thing just like the i5-9600k will work I even have an i5-9600k construct right here.
Gigabyte B365M DS3H Motherboard — All this motherboard requires is a few BIOS settings to be modified to have the ability to boot macOS and since I received built-in graphics working over the HDMI/DVI/VGA ports on this motherboard there was no want for a devoted graphics card permitting me to save lots of $$$ and hover across the $300 worth vary. USB3 ports are working with a USB-SSDT included in my drop recordsdata.
I solely received to this $300 worth level as a result of I used to be in a position to recycle an previous case and energy provide. For those who want a good funds energy provide I like to recommend the EVGA BQ 600W as a result of the fan is near-silent and doesn’t make the press noise most PSU’s make after they change on. Additionally try Amazon’s Finest Promoting Instances in the event you don’t have already got one.
Finances Gigabyte B365 Hackintosh
I’ve seen fairly a number of individuals struggling to get their B360 and B365 motherboards working so I current you my very own low-cost hackintosh construct with the most well-liked funds motherboard the Gigabyte B365M DS3H. All the things is working even with simply the usual EFI folder the essential factor with these motherboards is simply setting the right BIOS settings and having a config.plist that has the show ports patched in order that there isn’t any black display.
EFI Drop Information
- Catalina-EFI-Folder.zip (Positioned within the EFI partition of a flash drive and arduous drive works for each macOS Catalina and Mojave)
- config-Gigabyte-B365M.plist (Replaces config.plist in EFI folder. Comprises a IGFX machine patch that permits HDMI, DVI and VGA over built-in graphics as an alternative of blackscreening )
- GB-B365M-D3SH-USBMap.kext (Provides lacking ports and allows USB3 speeds in macOS)
- Obtain a suitable model of macOS from the Mac App Retailer
- Create the macOS flash drive Installer
- Including an EFI Folder:
- Obtain Catalina-EFI-Folder.zip
- Mount EFI Partition
- Copy+Paste/Transfer the EFI folder over to the EFI Partition of your flash drive after which open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/
- Modify EFI folder for Gigabyte B365M Assist:
- Obtain Gigabyte B365M-DS3H Drop Information.zip
- Substitute config.plist in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ by copy & pasting the one from Gigabyte B365M-DS3H Drop Information
- Copy SSDT-USBX.aml to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- Copy GB-B365M-D3SH-USBMap.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Different
- Transfer USBInjectAll.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/off
for NVRAM assist
- Copy from: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/off
- Paste into: /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI
- If utilizing an AMD Navi GPU just like the RX 5700 XT add agdpmod=pikera as a bootflag by opening with Clover Configurator and including it below Boot -> Arguments
- Configure BIOS Settings for Hackintosh Compatibility
- Walkthrough: Mac OS Catalina Hackintosh Clover Walkthrough 10.15 Set up
- Publish Set up
- If you’re utilizing a devoted graphics card it’s possible you’ll wish to change AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0300923E below Units -> Properties Tab -> PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) to headless mode so the graphical driver works accurately in sure macOS Apps.
- Both set up RC scripts in Clover to finish emulated NVRAM assist with right here. or add native NVRAM with an SSDT
Restart your pc and spam the DEL key to enter BIOS as the pc boots.
Change the next settings for the set up:
These the are the BIOS settings you will want to vary after creating the macOS flash drive bootloader and earlier than you start putting in.
- Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
- M.I.T. → Superior Reminiscence Settings Excessive Reminiscence Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1
- BIOS → Quick Boot : Disabled
- BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Possibility ROM : Disabled
- BIOS → Storage Boot Possibility Management : UEFI
- Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Safety Machine Assist : Disabled
- Peripherals → Community Stack Configuration → Community Stack : Disabled
- Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Assist : Auto
- Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
- Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
- Chipset → Wake on LAN Allow : Disabled
- Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
- BIOS settings have to be modified on this motherboard in any other case you’ll get caught on the Apple brand.
- My config.plist accommodates a show patch that corrects the bus id for HDMI + DVI + VGA ports over built-in graphics. May additionally get these ports engaged on completely different motherboards if the bus ids occur to be the identical.
Different Catalina Builds: