Blackmagic Design simply launched a brand new model of DaVinci Resolve 17.3.2. The brand new replace contains help for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.2, fixes quite a few bugs and instability points, and brings common efficiency and stability enhancements.
As soon as once more Blackmagic Design treats us with one other new sub-version of the DaVinci Resolve 17. The brand new replace 17.3.2 lastly brings native help for ProRes RAW information. Uh, probably not, sadly. That was simply me dreaming 🙂 Anyway, the brand new replace does deliver a couple of helpful enhancements and bug fixes, so let’s check out what’s new.
DaVinci Resolve 17.3.2
The brand new model 17.3.2 mainly brings one new function and that’s the help for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.2. Launched at this time as properly, the most recent model of Blackmagic RAW SDK brings help for Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Help with the next cameras: FUJIFILM GFX100 and GFX100S, Panasonic LUMIX GH5S, BS1H, and BGH1. The Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.2 additionally brings efficiency and stability enhancements for the Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Professional plugin.
Aside from that, the brand new Resolve 17.3.2 additionally brings enhancements and bug fixes. Right here is the complete listing:
- Addressed instability points when utilizing the colour warper.
- Addressed incorrect HDR spotlight when utilizing DaVinci Broad Gamut.
- Addressed a naming difficulty for recorded clips within the Fairlight timeline.
- Addressed incorrect reloading of cached audio results on linked tracks.
- Addressed lacking EQ and different automation points in Fairlight.
- Addressed incorrect Fairlight Spaceview show for particular AMD drivers.
- Addressed potential freezes after utilizing Fusion tracker modifiers.
- Addressed a Fusion planar rework difficulty on small pictures.
- Addressed a difficulty with uploads for renders on Apple Silicon programs.
- Addressed a difficulty with the traditional stabilizer on Apple Silicon programs.
- Addressed a difficulty with LUT era on Apple Silicon programs.
- Addressed out of order frames when decoding sure XAVC clips.
- Addressed a difficulty with importing malformed CLF LUTs.
- Basic efficiency and stability enhancements.
Value and availability
As all the time, the most recent model of DaVinci Resolve is out there now as a free obtain from the Blackmagic Help Middle. The total Studio license of DaVinci Resolve 17.3.2 can also be out there on the identical web page, however an activation code needs to be bought to be able to launch it. The total license for 2 computer systems at the moment prices $295, however with the acquisition you additionally get a free Blackmagic Velocity Editor (test our evaluate right here). The license additionally comes with all new Blackmagic Design cameras.
For these utilizing DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio on Home windows, Blackmagic Design strongly recommends uninstalling earlier variations previous to putting in 17 Public Beta 5 and better variations. Going ahead, all Fairlight, grading, and editor keyboard firmware updates can be managed from the DaVinci Management Panels Setup utility.
In the case of database, DaVinci Resolve 17.3.2 requires a database improve from Resolve 16.2.7 and former variations. It’s strongly advisable that you simply again up your present database (each DiskDB and PostgreSQL) after which restore it for the improve earlier than upgrading to this launch. There is no such thing as a database change from 17.0.
Do you utilize DaVinci Resolve on your post-production work? What do you concentrate on the most recent replace? On a scale from 1 to 10, how a lot would you like Blackmagic Design to essentially undertake native help for ProRes RAW? Tell us within the feedback part beneath.