Blackmagic Design continues to fine-tune DaVinci Resolve to broaden assist for extra cameras and file codecs, together with assist for Nikon Uncooked. With improved stability for 3D renders in Fusion, DaVinci additionally provides a preset for Sony’s IMF renders which ought to make Venice customers actually comfortable.
As a part of their common free improve, Blackmagic is making it simpler for Nikon content material creators to function their workflows with Nikon Uncooked, although Nikon has but to launch the codec to be used out within the wild. The signal that Blackmagic is making this transfer, nevertheless, signifies that Nikon Uncooked’s launch could also be imminent.
Different options coming with model 17.4.6 embrace:
- Help for Nikon RAW video codecs
- Help for Sony IMF render preset
- Help for CopySettings to work on Fusion modifiers
- Scripting API assist to get node depend and LUT by node index
- Improved stability with massive 3D renders in Fusion on M1 Max
- Addressed clip acquire adjustments being wrongly utilized to chose tracks
- Addressed audio points with proxies generated for non-48KHz clips
- Addressed a context menu difficulty for clips with cached audio results
- Addressed a stability difficulty with some HDR controls in Apple silicon
- Addressed the difficulty with malformed fonts
- Addressed the difficulty of extruding 3D textual content from particular fonts
- Addressed SVG teams go offline if duplicate Fusion node names exist
- Addressed points with IO encode plugins
- Addressed audio artifacts render Sony XAVC codecs. Addressed sign-in points for Vimeo
- Common efficiency and stability enhancements
Furthermore, legacy Fairlight DR2 initiatives can now be imported into all Home windows-based DaVinci workflows by the consumer of a particular utility app. That may be downloaded right here.
The DaVinci 17.4.6 replace is obtainable at no cost now by Blackmagic’s assist web page. Nevertheless, whereas the free model does allow limitless decision choices, Blackmagic limits the workflow to single GPU processing in Home windows and a couple of GPUs for macOS.
Moreover, output rendering can solely be saved to 4K Extremely HD. Technical assist for the free model of DaVinci Resolve 17 can also be solely accessible by the Blackmagic Design neighborhood boards.
Customers who want to push the boundaries with increased digital camera resolutions and heavier GPU workloads could wish to improve to Blackmagic Studio. Obtainable in Home windows, macOS, and Linux Variations.
[source: Blackmagic Design]